AFCAT Exam 2019: Admit Card has released for Indian Air Force AFCAT Exam 2019 on their official portal. Candidates who have applied for AFCAT Exam 2019 should start their preparation now. The examination will be held on 24-25 August 2019. Qualified candidates will recruit in Flying Branch & Ground Duties Indian Air Force (IAF) will carry out AFCAT in a computer-based mode. The questions will be displayed in a random sequence on the computer screen.
The online exam consists of 4 sections. Apart from this, there is also an Engineering Knowledge Test for candidates in opting for the technical post. Thus it is very important to know the AFCAT Exam sections, Exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus to know about the exam and to start the AFCAT preparation. Candidates must Go through the paragraph given below to know all details about AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019 – Download Complete Syllabus
The selection of candidates will be based on the selection criteria set up by the officials. AFCAT 2019 will have three stages of selection. The Following Selection Process is
- AFCAT Online Test/ EKT Online Test (For Technical Post Aspirants)
- AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing
- Medical Examination
AFCAT Online Test
The question paper will be available in English language only. The duration of the exam will be of 2 hours (120 minutes). The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 100. The correct answer will add 3 marks and the incorrect answer count -1 mark. No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
EKT Online Test (For Technical Post Aspirants)
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) is mandatory for those candidates who wish to opt for Ground Duties (Technical) Posts. For every correct answer, 3 marks will be given. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt. There will not be any deduction for un-attempted questions.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Electrical & Electronics|
AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing 2019
Only the candidates who will qualify the AFCAT exam can attend the AFSB Testing which will be in two Stages.
Stage 1– Qualified candidates from Online Test will have to appear for Stage 1 AFSB Interview at any of the AFSB Centres located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, and Mysuru and will go through a. Officer Intelligence Rating Test & b. Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
Stage 2– All AFSB Stage 1 qualified candidates will have to appear for AFSB Stage 2 and undergo the tests of Written Psychological Tests, Group Tests, Interview Round & Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) Test. The CPSS is mandatory for only those candidates who have applied for the Flying Branch.
Qualified candidates from AFCAT & AFSB will be called for interview. The Indian Airforce has prescribed only two centers for Medical Examination which are the Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru, and Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME). After the Medical Examination, a final merit list will be prepared by the Board and the selected candidates will be asked to join any of the training establishments.
AFCAT Exam Syllabus 2019
• General Awareness: History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics, etc.
• Verbal Ability in English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, and Testing of Vocabulary.
• Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, and Simple interest.
• Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing Syllabus 2019
• General Engineering (40 questions) – Modern Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering and
• Specialist Paper for each Engineering discipline (35 questions) – Computer and Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)
Disclaimer– eJobTime.com is an online service to provide intimations of the latest recruitment in various fields. We are not a recruiting agency. We collect the content from our various sources to keep the job seekers updated. Hence Job Seekers are advised to access the official notifications from the websites of the recruiting authority in order to know their eligibility and other necessary details.