GATE Exam 2020: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies at Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai (Madras) and Mumbai (Bombay) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India Also, candidates can get admission into various branches of Ph.D through this exam.. GATE 2020 Application Correction has been started from 15th October 2019. The institute will conduct GATE 2020 on February 1, 2, 8 and 9. According to a new notification, candidates who registered after May 31, 2013, for certification equivalent to B.E./B.Tech from any of the professional societies will also be eligible for GATE 2020. However, this eligibility will be provisional and further subjected to court orders.
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Important Dates
Release of GATE 2020 Notification: July 9, 2019
GATE 2020 Registration: August 31 to September 28, 2019
Final Date for Submission of Application Form (by registered candidates): October 5, 2019
Availability of Correction Window: October 15, 2019
GATE 2020 Mock Test: October 2019
Availability of Admit Card: January 3, 2020
GATE 2020 Examination: February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020
Availability of Answer Key: Third week of February 2020
Challenging of Answer Key: Third week of February 2020
Release of Final Answer Key: Second week of March 2020
Declaration of Result: March 16, 2020
Release of Score Card: Third week of March to Last week of May 2020
Eligibility Criteria for GATE Exam 2020
Candidates must have passed graduation in engineering/technology or Master’s degree in any relevant science subject from a recognized University.
- bachelors degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for GATE 2020
Nationality: Candidates of Indian Nationality will be eligible to appear for Gate 2020. Candidates from countries other than India will be also eligible to attempt GATE 2020.
How To Apply for GATE Exam 2020
Applicants have to register and fill the application form through online portal which is www.appsgate.iitd.ac.in. The complete application process consists of – Online Registration, filling the application form, uploading documents and paying the application fee.
Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & required degree certificates.
Application Fee Details
|For Examination Centres in India|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750|
|For Examination Centres in Foreign Countries|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50|
GATE Exam 2020 Pattern
• The examination duration will be 3 hours.
• The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
• A total of 65 questions of a maximum of 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2019.
• Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in the GATE examination.
• For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT.
• Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of a virtual keypad. Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers.
• It will contain a total of 150 questions of the maximum of 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
• In the paper of XE, the new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2018.
• MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
• There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted.
• No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
|Selection||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|Technical Section: 70 marks||General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics: 15 marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
Click Here>> Download GATE Exam Admit Card 2020
Disclaimer: eJobTime.com is an online service to provide intimations of the latest recruitment in various fields. We are not a recruiting agency. We collect the content from our various sources to keep the job seekers updated. Hence Job Seekers are advised to access the official notifications from the websites of the recruiting authority in order to know their eligibility and other necessary details.